الإمتحان المنتصف الثاني يوم الاثنين الموافق 10 / 12

:blushing: من يقول المواضيع الا ويانا بالضبط

بَسْ المَسْرَحِيَّة.

:blushing: بالتوفيق جميعا​

لآ ندرس بعد Elements of fiction
قال الدكتور لازم فيه سؤال عن شي يتعلق فيهم:smile2:

لآ ندرس بعد Elements of fiction
قال الدكتور لازم فيه سؤال عن شي يتعلق فيهم:smile2:
مِنْ البَديهي دِراسة العَناصر؛ لأن مُعْظمها بِنْطَبقه عَلى نَصْ المَسْرَحِيَّة.

يا ريت تحطون لينا Elements of fiction في المسرحية

اي إلا عنده النوتات مالت المسرحيه يتفضل يحطها لنا ..

وانا ادور في قوقل عن المسرحيه حصلت هذا

Character Description
E. William Wordsworth
“The Brute: A Joke in One Act”
Anton Chekhov
Marcia Haman

Luka is a loyal footman who tries unsuccessfully to pull his employer out of her depression. He is old and is greatly intimidated by Smirnov.

Mrs. Popov is a reclusive widower who clings mightily to her grief. She is determined to prove to the world that she can be more faithful to her marriage than her deceased, philandering husband was in life.

Mr. Grigory S. Smirnov faces foreclosure of his farm if he isn’t repaid money owed to him by the late Mr. Popov. He hounds Mrs. Popov who remains unmoved. His frustration leads to a threatened duel which leads to a proposal of marriage.

Themes
Chekhov examines how thin the line is that exists between anger and passion, between love and hate. He explores the complexities of the human condition when faced with financial ruin and infidelity.

Literary Analysis
Readers often find Chekhov’s works often have no real plot. There is only a brief moment of confrontation which drastically condenses the experiences of his richly detailed characters. This is surely true of “The Brute” or as it is sometimes translated, “The Bear.” A review of his plays at newberkshire.com asserts, “[His early one-act plays] show us a theatrical genius stumbling into the greatness he would later achieve” (par 1). This eleven-page play confirms a conviction held by Chekhov who claims “brevity is the sister of talent” (quotidiantheatreorg, par 7). Elyse Sommer writing for Curtain Up observes that Chekhov’s dialogue is like “counterpoint in music” where “[c]haracters talk from within the shell of their own miseries. They talk more at than to each other so that we have conversations where no one seems to be listening to anyone but themselves (par 13). Much of the action in his plays take the form of arrivals and departures and allow characters to come together to fill in the details of their lives (Sommer, par 12). Chekhov was not only an author; he was also a physician. In a letter printed in Alexander’s collection, Chekhov confesses, “Besides medicine, my wife, I have also literature—my mistress” (Literature Resourse Center, par 10). Nevertheless, Chekhov never divorces himself from his medical training. Indeed, Chekhov observed, and he dramatized what he saw without making judgments. Sommers reminds, “It’s up to the audience to make what it will of the human canvas he spreads before them” (par 16).

Staging
The one-act play consists of a single scene that takes place in the country home of Mrs. Popov. Entrances by the three main characters drive the action and dialogue.

Vocabulary
convent (1063)—a community of women who live a life devoted to religious worship
raiment (1064)—clothes
chit (1066)—impudent girl; a child, girl, or young woman, especially one whose physical slightness seems to be at odds with an impertinent, forceful, or self-confident manner
highwayman (1067)—roadside robber; formerly, somebody who forced people traveling by road to stop, usually at gunpoint, and robbed them
simpering (1068)—say something coyly
subaltern (1069)—somebody who holds a subordinate or inferior position
insinuate (1069)—imply something; to hint at unpleasantness or suggest it indirectly and gradually
impudence (1069)—deliberate rudeness; showing a lack of respect and shameless boldness
brute (1070)—somebody brutal; somebody who is very cruel, ruthless, or insensitive
fire and brimstone (126)—damnation; eternal punishment

Quotations
“My old lady died, for that matter, and I wept and wailed over her a whole month long. Well, that was it. I couldn’t weep and wail all my life. She just wasn’t worth it” (Luka, 3).

“You’re young, you’re pretty, you could enjoy yourself! Ten years from now you may want to strut and show your feathers to the officers, and it’ll be too late” (Luka, 3).

“I’m not a visitor, I’m a creditor—most unwelcome of guests, second only to Death” (Smirnov, 51).

“So you think you can get away with it because you’re a woman. A creature of poetry and romance, huh? Well, it doesn’t go down with me. I hereby challenge you to a duel” (Smirnov, 111).

“Trying to scare me again? Just because you have big fists and a voice like a bull? You’re a brute” (Mrs. Popov, 114).

Background and Summary
Anton Chekhov, a master ironist, is often credited as being the father of the modern short story and play. Indeed, he was the first modern master of an economical prose. He began as a freelance writer who wrote to pay the bills. In his early career he emphasized quantity over quality. But soon an editor placed strict restrictions on length and tone. Struggling to write within these narrow constraints helped Chekhov perfect his art. As he perfected his craft, his emphasis shifted and what emerged was quality over quantity. Many of his one-act plays bridge the gap between quantity and quality, and that is where one will find “The Brute: A Joke in One Act.” Certainly, the war between the sexes did not begin with Chekhov; however, “The Brute” brings to this ageless war a vivid battle between Mrs. Popov and Smirnov. Mrs. Popov is determined to faithfully mourn her unfaithful husband while Smirnov is an equally determined creditor bent on hounding the widow for the repayment of his loan. This war of words escalates, and soon in utter frustration, Smirnov challenges the “grieving” widow to a duel. When Mrs. Popov proudly accepts, sparks begin to fly--but not sparks of contempt. Smirnov finds in her defiance an overwhelming attraction that he cannot fight. As the play ends, the proposal for a duel is rescinded and a proposal of marriage is issued instead.

1. The main character of a comedy is usually struggling with
A. a character flaw.
B. a romantic conflict.
C. him or herself.
D. a lack of self-confidence.

2. Another word for the climax of a dramatic play is
A. complication.
B. resolution.
C. exposition.
D. climax.

3. Objects handled by the actors are called
A. setting.
B. costumes.
C. props.
D. support material.

4. Italicized description of action in parentheses are called
A. stage directions.
B. choreography.
C. plot directions.
D. physical action.

5. In Anton Chekhov’s “The Brute,” what is the result of Mrs. Popov’s severe mourning?
A. She won’t feed the horse oats.
B. She won’t leave her home.
C. She has grown old prematurely.
D. She refuses to clean her home.

6. What is the conflict centered on in “The Brute”?
A. Mrs. Popov will not sell her home to Smirnov.
B. Mrs. Popov cannot get over her husband.
C. Smirnov is trying to convince Mrs. Popov to marry him.
D. Mrs. Popov refuses to pay money owed to Smirnov.

7. A character who is admirable, but has a tragic flaw is
A. the main character of a comedy.
B. the main character of a tragedy.
C. known as a moral character.
D. known as a simple character.

8. What type of drama is Susan Glaspell’s “Trifles”?
A. Mystery
B. Comedy
C. Farce
D. Tragedy

9. In “Trifles,” which character changes the most?
A. Mrs. Wright
B. Mrs. Peters
C. Sheriff
D. Hale

10. In “Trifles,” why is the canary so significant?
A. It was a gift from Mr. Wright to Mrs. Wright.
B. It was found dead near Mr. Wright’s body.
C. It was killed in a similar manner as Mr. Wright.
D. It was found in a sewing basket.

11. How are the men characterized in “Trifles”?
A. Intelligent
B. Compassionate
C. Considerate
D. Chauvinistic

12. What type of play is “The Brute”?
A. Mystery
B. Satire
C. Farce
D. Tragedy

13. In regard to plot, what is true of comedy verses tragedy?
A. Tragedy has many complications while comedy has few.
B. Comedy has both internal and external conflicts, whereas tragedy has external only.
C. The trouble occurs early on in comedy; in tragedy, it occurs at the end.
D. The climax of a tragedy is more in the middle of the play than in a comedy.

14. What is humorous about the discussion of the duel in “The Brute”?
A. The tone is very angry.
B. The tone is matter-of-fact.
C. The tone is romantic.
D. The tone is cynical.

15. Where did comedy and tragedy first appear on stage?
A. Greece
B. Rome
C. Turkey
D. England

16. What did ancient actors believe possessed strong powers?
A. The stage
B. The actors
C. The masks
D. The props

17. Which prop is not significant in “Trifles”?
A. The rocking chair
B. The fruit preserves
C. The bird cage
D. The apron

18. What form of irony is used in “Trifles”?
A. Situational
B. Ironic
C. Dramatic
D. Verbal

19. Subject nominatives and subject adjectives are both
A. direct objects.
B. vomplements.
C. indirect objects.
D. participles.

20. Which sentence contains a predicate nominative?
A. The taxi was late.
B. I will become very angry if my vase gets broken.
C. Where were you yesterday?
D. My dad was a basketball coach for ten years.

21. Which sentence contains a predicate nominative?
A. Tim was district champ in the discus.
B. Martha became ill after returning home from her trip.
C. The math test was really easy.
D. Were you there when it happened?

22. Which sentence contains a predicate nominative?
A. Please close the door on your way out.
B. My new dog is a sheltie.
C. He is so sweet!
D. Do we have a test tomorrow in math?

23. Which sentence contains a predicate adjective?
A. The bus broke down on the way home.
B. Did you hear what he just said?
C. His words were not nice.
D. I think it is going to rain.

24. Which sentence contains a predicate adjective?
A. It will be a sunny day tomorrow.
B. The football jersey is filthy after each game.
C. Selma said she was buying a new car today.
D. Mr. Phelps became principal last year.

25. Which sentence contains a predicate adjective?
A. Why are you so happy today?
B. I finally found the perfect birthday gift for my dad.
C. When is the game starting?
D. George Washington was our first president

the answers I have.

1.B
2.B
3.C
4.A
7.C
13.B Or A
15.A
16.C
19.D
20.A
21.D
22.A
23.B
24.C
25.C​

السَلامُ عَلَيْكُم وَ رَحْمَة الله وَ بَرَكاتُهْ،

أَبْغه أَضيف مَوْقع زين مال إِنْجليزي؛ http://www.busuu.com

إِنْ شاء الله تسْتَفيدون مِنه، دَعَواتْكُم.

Oh folks .. you've got something! So ironic that all seminars of the English department debate their subjects solely in Arabic he-he. At any rate, that's a good way to start.

ENG 111​
Test 2 :

Date :24/12/2012

Time : 11:00 - 1:00

Place : 0-172
في شنو بيكون الامتحان اي جبتر ؟ :whistling:

متى إمتحان ENG 130​

الإمتِحان الثالث إله بيكون في الشعر | تاريخ 2-1

الإمتحان بيكون يوم الاربعاء تاريخ 2

بس شلون بتكون نمط الاسئله والاجابات لاني ماخذيت الورقه من عند الدكتور , كنت غايبه محاضرتين ورى بعض:blushing:

الإمتحان بيكون يوم الاربعاء تاريخ 2

بس شلون بتكون نمط الاسئله والاجابات لاني ماخذيت الورقه من عند الدكتور , كنت غايبه محاضرتين ورى بعض:blushing:

اكيد بيكونون نفس الي قبلهم، تدرسين الشعر بشكل عام والاشعار الي خديناها الي هم كامل اعتقد 7 ومو كلهم شرحهم بعد فباجر فيه محاضرة probably، الاختبار يقول عليه نسبة بس 10% ._. والثاني 15% والاول 25% مو فاهمة اني التوزيع الخبيصة ليش مو نسب متساوية يعني خو كلهم درسنا ليهم نفس الكمية :mellow:

الشعر يخربط أحس ويبي له شوي تركيز أَزْيَد من القصص و المَسْرَحِيَّة!

نمط الأَسْئلة بيكون ويش الستيوشن، منهو لسبيكر؟ و حطي الرايم مال القصيدة و كتبي الثيم وبعد في شي بس ما أتذكر بالضبط إنما ركزوا على الرايم.

الله يوفقكم،،

عودة
أعلى أسفل